BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

Readers Digest Condensed books

Is there a numbering system for these? I cannot find any number on the books themselves.

Carolyn J
10 years ago

Comments

Thank you very much. I looked at those 2 articles in Wikipedia and that is just what I am looking for. It is a shame the books themse4lves aren't numbered so that I can easily see which ones I have and which ones to look for.
Carolyn J
10 years ago
www.librarything.com/series/Reader's+Digest+Condensed+Books

This is a list of 1950 through 1997 if it is of any help.

John Vernon Scott
10 years ago
Primarily I am trying to find out how to look for a book or author amongst these volumes. I can't organize them by author, or topic/genre.But I like the wide range they encompass allowing me to quickly acquaint myself with authors I would not otherwise read. I have about 130 and often see them in 2nd hand shops, then I have no idea which ones I already have.
Carolyn J
10 years ago
I read many of these condensed books as a kid while spending summers with my grandparents. I'm sure they had a lot to do with developing a wide interest in various types of books and many different authors. Reading this string of messages, I was bothered because I remember these books always having volume numbers and years marked on them. Dug a little and found two volumes here. Sure enough, if you remove the dust jacket, at the bottom of the spine is year and volume number (1-4) for that year. Further, on the reverse of the title page below all the copyright information there is a sequential volume number--in this case mine is FIRST EDITION: Volume 230. But wait! Just looked on the title page and at the bottom it also shows the year and volume.

Hopes this helps you to document what you have.

Linda Williams
10 years ago
Carolyn,

If you go to www.librarything.com/series/Reader's+Digest+Condensed+Books and then click on the individual volume number, it will list the authors and titles in that volume.

John

John Vernon Scott
10 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >