BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

Why does BookMooch sometimes think I am in Italy?

When I search, occasionally (like this morning and last night) all the tabs and language on the page converts to Italian, and it I click on the "My Country" tab (it's in Italian, but I figured out Mi Paese) then it shows books in Italy only, even though I'm in Australia. And then after a few searches, it jumps back to English, or not. Some months back it was happening in French. A bug?
I will add it seems to happen when I search for Charlaine Harris and then click on My Country, in particular.

Marianne
11 years ago

Comments

Okay, that was entertaining. I tried the Charlaine Harris search, clicked my country and got sent to Bookmooch Italy. But the books shown were in the U.S. (or at least the first one I clicked on was). Neither of which is my country since I am in Canada. That is one weird glitch. I wonder if it does it with other authors....
Cara
11 years ago
try Sebastian Barry, David Mitchell, Pratchett.....all those go Italian for me too, although not always the tabs: Browse, Add, Inventory etc, just the buttons for My Country etc, completely unpredictable.
Another thing I notice is that sometimes when I search for an author and there are no books, there is a message that there are no books available, do I want to see unmoochable. Other times, the same exact search, I get a page full of books with zeros next to them.
Marianne
11 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >