BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

The Best way to keep track of books on wishlist

In all my time on Bookmooch, i've had problems with Bookmooch's way of handling titles. If you add a specific edition of a book, it can happen that other versions of those books don't appear as moochable, even if it's basically the same book (just another version).

Now, I found a way around that. I imported my entire wishlist into Librarything and then set one of my columns there to show which of those books are available on Bookmooch. All of a sudden I found out that quite a lot of books that have been on my wishlist for years are actually available. Contrary to BookMooch, Librarything doesn't make any distinction between language (which is annoying), but also not between editions. You get to see all the versions that are available to mooch!

People with a Librarything-account should try it. For me, it was a reason to not longer update my wishlist on Bookmooch. I keep everything up-to-date on Librarything now.

Tombleweed
11 years ago

Comments

Did you have your "show related editions" turned on?
Cara
11 years ago
Did you have a red "mooch" signal on your wishlist page for them?
Robin
11 years ago
do you have "related editions" turned on?
Cara
11 years ago
This sounds like a good idea, how did you set up the columns? I see a "Swaps" column (which lists availability across a dozen different sites) but no option for just BookMooch availability.
Bibliochild
11 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >