Sorry it's taken me so long!! I have actually put A LOT of thought into your picks which caused me to rack my brain for days!! Soooo...I hope you enjoy them!! :)
1. New Author: Kathryn Stockett is an author I highly recommend! Her novel "The Help" is widely popular and they are filming a movie based on the book now, I believe. It takes place in the South during the 60's and it is the story of three women who will all touch your heart!
2. New Series: Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer (Last Survivors, Book 1)
The best way I know how to describe this book: the car crash you KNOW you should look away from, but you CAN'T do it! Seriously, I read this book in one night. This book gave me chills the entire time I was reading it! Please, please, please check it out! :)
3. New Genre: Welcome to the world of Sci-Fi/Romance/Mystery! J.D. Robb (Nora Robert's pen name) has created a furturistic world of action, adventure and romance- what could be better right?!?! Plus, there are always copies of these books on Bookmooch! However, I would start with the first one: Naked in Death. I think you'll grow to love the main character, Eve Dallas, she is someone I would love to hang out with!
1. Lose Weight: The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
A classic! I adore this book! And if you want a good laugh- watch the movie "Easy A" with Emma Stone (they are studying this book in high school, in the movie), it's a great Friday night movie! :)
2. Save $$: "Once Dead, Twice Shy" by Kim Harrison
Please, oh please don't waste your money buying this book! It's not worth it!! This is one that you need to visit your local library to get! The story is dull and predictable and the characters really make it hard for you to like them. Save your hard, earned money on a better book! :)
3. Enjoy Life More: "Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World"
I recommend this light-hearted, feel good novel to you. If your an animal lover at all (regardless of cat or dog) you will love this book! It makes you smile while reading and I love that kind of book after a long day! :)
Well, there you have it! I hope you find something that your interested in to read! :)