BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

How to get a member to mark received

Other than emailing a member is there any other way to get credit for books that the post office has tracked as received into a members post office box? What is a reasonable wait time? Two books were mailed and delivered on 4/14/21. I have clicked remind once and emailed twice now. When I look at the members profile there is what I would call a high percent of books marked as lost in the mail. This is only my second transaction on this site and as of today I think I will just stick with paperback swap, where I have never had a lost book in 19 years. These books were pristine.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheryl T
3 years ago

Comments

You've already received your credit for the books; now that you've reminded them, in 6 weeks a "force received" button will appear next to the transaction. You'll need to also send a reminder on the second title for this button to appear. It looks like the user hasn't been active on the site in a bit; after 30 days they will be labeled as "possibly inactive".

Personally, I wouldn't really consider 25 books out 688 mooched a high percentage- things do happen.

Britt
3 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >