BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

Adding Books to Bookmooch That I'd Like to Add to Wishlist

There must be a way to add books to Bookmooch that I want to add to my wishlist. Please tell me how. Thank you. Pat Shepherd

PJ
4 years ago

Comments

Amazon search is not working well right now. BookMooch Blog

Otherwise, you might try ISBN, either 13 or 10 digit versions. In fact, if you have the 10 digit ISBN, you can try putting this in the URL field of your browser: bookmooch.com/m/detail/ and then put in the 10 digits and then hit enter.

Sarah
4 years ago
I'm finding it impossible to add books by ANY search method, by name or ISBN number, using Amazon and often through Bookmooch itself. Thoughts?
Alison Astor
4 years ago
Please, please somebody figure out how we can list books! I have quite a large number that I'd like to put in inventory. Nothing I've tried has worked. Thanks.
Lisa Wenner
4 years ago
OK, although I still can't add anything NEW to Bookmooch for inventory or for wishlist, I have figured out how to add books to inventory that I have previously mooched. Just go to your "mooched books" list, find the book (can be difficult if you've mooched hundreds of books like me but haven't read them for years lol), and hit GIVE. Certainly not ideal, but it's something...
Alison Astor
4 years ago
I finally figured out a way to list books!! Put the author's name in the search window at the top of the page. When you get the list of books look for the name of the book you want to list and click on it. You may need to hit the "show unmoochable" button. And you may need to check through several listings of the book to get the right one. Not every book will be listed but most of them are. It works!!
Lisa Wenner
4 years ago
You can also hand enter the book and leave the ISBN field blank - I add the ISBN to the condition section in case any potential moochers want to look up for themselves which edition it is
Randy
4 years ago
I'm having success with the 10 number ISBN. I knew there had to be a way because others were listing books with the picture.
Ryan O.
4 years ago
Thank you so much! How are you getting that ISBN numbercwhen you don’t have the book? 🤓 Pat
PJ
4 years ago
Nevermind. Seems to have been a fluke. Adding the ASIN did work in another instance. But nothing is consistent. I'm following the advice of previous posters.
Ryan O.
4 years ago
Hi Pat, you can get the ISBN from Amazon if you search for the title. To get the ISBN-10, you can enter the ISBN-13 here https://www.isbn.org/ISBN_converter and get the ISBN-10. I haven't had any issues adding books with the ISBN-10, it's only the ISBN-13 that isn't working for me.
Britt
4 years ago
Thank you. I’ll try it. Pat
PJ
4 years ago
I'm wondering if The Chocolatier is too new. I entered the 10-digit ISBN number: 1951314026 and got the message No Books Found. What's your opinion? Thank you, Pat
PJ
4 years ago
Could be- my guess is, because it's new, no one has given or wishlisted it before, which is why it's coming up (since the Amazon search isn't working, searches are only using Bookmooch itself)
Britt
4 years ago
Have they found a solution to this problem by now?
I still can't add books which is VERY frustrating!!
kiki66
2 years ago
No and they most likely won’t, given that John has been inactive for quite some time. Both this and the bookmooch blog forum have some tips for how to list books; anything too new has to be hand entered since the search can only use bookmooch now and not Amazon.
Britt
2 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >