BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

Why is it switching to Italian????

I just tried doing a search for any books by Neil Gaiman and for some reason this search seems to make the entire website switch to Italian! WHAT THE HECK? Has anyone else had the problem of performing a search in one language and having the results come up in another? And I don't just mean it gives me books available in Italy - the entire website setup is in Italian! AK!

Elia
9 years ago

Comments

Hi Elia,
I've noticed the same thing - I would browse for a certain book or author and the page would turn suddenly in Italian or sometimes French or German language. It could depend on which country was the last to insert that particular book or author. It is strange. I also noticed on "recently added books" that sometimes 70% of books on the page are in Italian, even though,and I'm fairly certain, not only Italian users are inserting books with such frequency...
Dragana
9 years ago
I have noticed that in the Browse feature also. Just about every time I look there all the books are Italian titles. It makes it hard to find books since the actual browse by type feature is completely useless. So weird!
Elia
9 years ago
I don't know why that happens, but I can tell you how to get back to the English version: remove the "it." from the front of the URL. you want "bookmooch.com" and not "it.bookmooch.com"

Also, you can search the Recent books page. To see UK and USA books, search for United: http://bookmooch.com/m/recent?search=united

Sarah
9 years ago
Awesome! Thanks for the tips!
Elia
9 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >