BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

mooched books

I have mooched several books but not heard back to from any of them. How can I check on these mooched books and see if memebers have been on and accepting the mooch.

leola
9 years ago

Comments

I've looked at your profile and can only see two books you've requested, one of which you have since cancelled. If you click on the pending tab at the top of the page that will show any ongoing mooches and will have a link to the bio of the members concerned so that you can check when they last logged in. Have you put in any ask me first requests, because they don't show on the pending page although you should receive an email as to whether you can mooch the book or not.
I hope that helps.
kathers
9 years ago
it was a member that I had to ask first. She replied and said ok. I went back on the book and got to her profile and tried to mooch again but said it was on hold for me. She had not been on for 11 days so I just have to wait for her to accept the mooch I am thinking. Thank you for the help with this. I am new here and learning my way around. Thanks again
leola
9 years ago
When you ask first it just reserves it for you a week to give the other member time to say whether they will send it or not. While it is reserved for you, you can mooch it but no one else can. Then you have to mooch it as normal if they say they will send it to you. Did you actually click the mooch button or did you just think you couldn't mooch it because it was reserved for you?
kathers
9 years ago
she accepted my mooch so all is good. Thanks
leola
9 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >