BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

A Rant about an abuser

One of the books on my wishlist became available early July, so I requested it. And hear nothing, even though the owner of the book occasionally came to the site. So I sent two reminders in the past few months-- nothing, zippo, nada. Finally, yesterday, in frustration I cancelled the request (since while you have a request pending, if another copy of the book becomes available, you won't hear about it). Today-- voila, the book appears on my wishlist. I check it out-- and it is from the same owner I cancelled from yesterday. Except now I take a good look at things and I see that three people are listed as having given the book-- all the same owner who I cancelled from. And three people are listed as receiving it (including me) and one of those other people is still on the list of people wanting this book. In other words, this #$%^&* never sends the book. Two other people besides me have requested it, and the *&^%$$ has never sent it or bothered to remove it from his list. How do I report this kind of crap?!? This guy has such a large number of positives that my negative won't ever show on his rankings. What is wrong with this person!?!? What kind of moron does this?!? Arghhhhhh!

Warned you that this was a rant.

Gretchen Ann
9 years ago

Comments

One thing you can do is to mooch it and then put it on your wishlist again. That will let you get it from someone else, if they post it, and you won't miss out.

As for feedback, they have pretty spotty feedback recently. The last three transactions are for this same book. Before that, they have many cancellations due to not being able to find the books. If anyone reads it instead of looking at the score, they'll see the problem.

Sarah
9 years ago
You can also click on the link below the profile immage of the user in question, where it sais "REPORT ABUSE".
Dragana
9 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >