BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

blocking certain users?

is there anyway we could make a blocked users list? (specific to each user). i keep running into the problem of mooching from a particular person and then realizing afterwards that i've had multiple negative interactions with them. (basically, each time i have mooched from this person, they haven't responded for literally months, then accepted, and then never responded again) if someone has a distinctive username, i can obviously remember not to mooch from them but this particular person has a very generic first name as their username. it would just be nice to have a way to flag them for myself as someone to not mooch from.

just a thought.

Britt
9 years ago

Comments

i agree, i was just thinking out loud.
Britt
9 years ago
There is a "Report Abuse" button on the homepage of each user. I think you should use it for such problems.
kdsj
9 years ago
but does that "report abuse" thing guarantee they won't be on the site anymore? i've never used it, so forgive me, but if i click it, and the user remains on the site, there's nothing to indicate (for me) that i don't want to interact with that user. short of writing down a list at home, i think there needs to be a way to keep track of those sorts of negative interactions for each user within the site.
Britt
9 years ago
Sorry, no idea. Could you try it and tell us the result?
kdsj
9 years ago
I also want to be able to block people. Not because I have had negative interactions, but because I suspect that I have asked them before if they would send to my country and they have answered "no." and then I ask them again a few months later, because I'm not sure if they said "no" or not. I don't want to keep bothering them... I don't want to be notified if they are offering books from my wishlist. At the same time, I do not want to report them for abuse. They haven't abused me. They just won't send to me, that's all.
WebsterViennaLibrary
9 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >