BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

App or website to keep track of books owned

Since joining BM and PBS and regular visits to Goodwill, I have amassed a huge library for my home. Most I want to keep long term. Some will be passed on after I read them at some point. Especially for my kids, I have tried to collect all books from a series. Some series have 50+ books to them all with similar titles and covers. I have tried a few apps/sites to help store my listing of what I own, but none seem to work well. My memory fails me and I end up with duplicates. I pass those on here at BM when someone is wishing, but I would like to stop doing that just because I cannot keep track of what I already have.

Can anyone recommend a good site or app that will let me easily catalog my library? Preferably, I want to be able to take a photo of the isbn barcode and have the app find the book for me and then I just add it or I want to upload a spreadsheet of isbns like we can do here on BM for wishlists and bookshelf.

Thanks!

Good problem to have: too many books!

Ivy Hostetler
10 years ago

Comments

Librarything.com works best for me. I believe you can get a bar code scanner that works with Librarything that lets you scan all your books in quickly. I haven't got that ambitious yet, but may when I retire. I just went through a pile of books and pulled out quite a few duplicates, so can sympathize with your problem!
Cara
10 years ago
I use Goodreads and they have an app that you can use with your smartphone to scan the books in by barcode.
Sarah
10 years ago
I have an app on my iPad... My Library. It can record both books and DVDs. It can find book info based on a scanned barcode or manual entry.
Gretchen Ann
10 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >