NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

question

we had requested a book from a member on 2/11
it was accepted to be sent on 2/15
the person we tried to mooch from requested the book on 2/18
this person received the book on 2/25

and when we cancelled because it had been three weeks - he claims he sent it?

Now we don't get it why would someone mooch a book that is supposed to be in their inventory and then claim it was mailed?

any comments would be helpful, thanks

Miss Daisy
10 years ago

Comments

While there are many reasons a person may mooch a book they had in their inventory (wanting a different edition for example) I can't really answer without knowing more information. What is the title of the book in question?
Cara
10 years ago
Sandra Brown - Chill factor and we were told it was a different cover but the book was the same
Miss Daisy
10 years ago
The edition you requested was a hardcover. The edition the member mooched was a paperback. Perhaps they are replacing their hardcovers with paperbacks? Or perhaps it was a mistake (I've mooched a book or two that I have already read or actually own by mistake before). I think it is unlikely that the member listed a book in their inventory, had you mooch it, and then mooched the same title intending to mail it to you. There would be nothing to gain by this transaction. At any rate, if the book does turn up you can "smooch" the sender a point, and remind them that it is important to mark books sent when they are mailed to avoid this happening. If the book doesn't turn up, then you can add feedback to the transaction that they book never arrived, even though the member said that it was sent.
Cara
10 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >