BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

Adding categories and topics

I'm sure this suggestion has been made, but is there a reason why BookMooch does not allow us to categorize books?

When I try to browse through the 6000 books in Australia, I simply give up looking for the "literature" that I'm interested in, with mostly popular fiction, some business and non-fiction, and some science fiction.

I really like the concept of BookMooch and have give away around 5 books... but I really have tried and can't find the patience to go through lists of lists of books that I'm not interested in.

A better search engine would really be of benefit to not only me, but I'm sure MANY BookMooch users.

andyquan
10 years ago

Comments

P.S. Like someone below says "Browsing within Bookmooch is an exercise in futility. The database is so full of nonsense"
andyquan
10 years ago
I have always found I have better luck looking through the inventories of members who share my interests (have mooched books from me, that I have mooched from or have the same books on their wishlist that I do). John mentioned about a year ago that an improved database was on his to do list.
Cara
10 years ago
Cara. Those are good suggestions. Hope John can do some categories for us too!
andyquan
10 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >