BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

Contributing to postage

Hi, I'd appreciate thoughts from the community regarding this situation. I've recently requested a book and while the Mooch was accepted, the owner has added comments to say they would like me to contribute to the postage, and they will be sending their address with the book, so I can send them some stamps back.
While I realise this won't cost me very much - I also feel that this isn't in the spirit of BookMooch. I've sent out 64 books, both to the UK and when I can afford it, internationally too. I've never asked for any postage costs, so I really don't feel inclined to pay to receive, when I've already paid to give.
Surely if you can't afford to send books, or need a contribution then you shouldn't be offering your books here.

I'd be really interested to know what others think.

Many Thanks

JkB
10 years ago

Comments

Totally wrong. Cancel the request and report them. The whole point of the point system is that it is the compensation for sending a book.
Gretchen Ann
10 years ago
I agree, this is against the T.O.S. and should be reported. They probably don't know that they have broken the rules and the tech support people will let them know it is not okay to ask for postage (or extra points for that matter).
Cara
10 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >