BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

postage in Canada - other options?

I know the topic of postage cost in Canada comes up from time to time, but I have a slightly different question.

But first, background. Yes, I have paid $12ish to mail one book (in and/or outside of Canada), sometimes more, sometimes less.

Most recently, the one trade paperback I mailed (not even a fat book) cost me almost $15!!!!! The prices have gone up. Oh, this is within Canada. Sigh...

One of my friends was wondering if it might be cheaper to use a courier. Has anyone in Canada looked into the prices of a courier, instead?

I still love the idea of BookMooch, but I might not do this anymore. $15 for one softcover book is wayyyy too much! Especially for only one point.

Thanks.

Cindy W
10 years ago

Comments

No, I haven't looked into couriers. I have chosen to not mail within Canada unless it is a multi-mooch or less than 2 cm thick and mail as oversized letter. I usually drive over the border three or four times a year and mail a bunch from there to U.S. addresses. I will still send to Europe, but again, prefer a multi-mooch. Mooching for Canadians is no longer an economically sensible activity unless one is living within the larger metropolitan area and can arrange a meet-up.
Cara
10 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >