home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

excess credits, no money but I want to get rid of more books

So I have far too many credits already.
I have far too many books sat here at home so want to list them and pass them on.
I am about to be on zero income and need to stop spending on everything.
How can I carry on passing on my books, without spending more money?

Suedo
10 years ago

Comments

How about advertising here for face-to-face swap?
jacquie
10 years ago
Maybe offer bulk orders only? 10-15 books a box? That will save you money.
Anne Smoak
10 years ago
You could see if you have a healthy planet bookshop near you : https://healthyplanet.org/get-involved/sustainable-community/books-for-free
kathers
10 years ago
booksfreeswap.com-- on that site, the receiver pays the postage. One word of warning though: the site is much slower than this one. Most books I post to both sites are snatched up here, not there. Still, it is a chance to get rid of books without cost.
Gretchen Ann
10 years ago
Can you list on half.com or ebay, or Amazon marketplace, from the UK? That way you can charge for shipping and perhaps get a few cents back for each book, if they are reasonably rare. If they are a dime a dozen and you simply want to get them off your hands, donating to a charity shop is probably your best bet.

If you were in the US, I'd recommend PaperBackSwap.com, which allows you to resell your earned book credits for gift cards etc., but it is US-only.

LauraTS
10 years ago
I have the same problem. I listed all the books that I had listed on bookmooch for at least 11 months on craigslist. I sold 50 of them for about $1 each to 3 different people. We met in a local coffee shop (don't meet them at your house or work!).

So: sell them on craigslist!

Ashley
9 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >