BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

I sent out a bulk mailing on request now the moocher will not respond

I was requested to send out a bulk mailing. No problem, I have sent out several books at a time with no problems. However, well over a month ago 24 books were requested. I had 23 of them still available, so I sent them. I had e-mailed her before the mailing and she responded quickly. Now, since the mailing, there is no repsonse. I can't believe she has not recieved them, but she won't respond to my e-mails now or the reminders. With every reminder it re-sets the date to mark as lost.

I also saw that after 6 weeks of no response they are marked by BM, as what I don't recall.

My other problem is that since there are so many books, if I mark them as lost it will look bad on my record. She also wanted me to just send her many more books without listing them and let her know how many so she could just transfer the points to me and save 'me' the effort of listing and marking them separately. I'm glad I did not do this.

Please give me feedback. Should I contact BM directly? I hate to bother the admin., but she also shouldn't be able to do this to a person who sent her several books in good faith.

Pat H.
2 years ago

Comments

6 weeks after you send a reminder you can force mark them "received". A better option than marking them lost, but better still would be getting in touch with her. You could try emailing her using the email address from one of the messages from her rather than through Bookmooch. It would look more personal and it is possible the Bookmooch generated emails are being blocked by her ISP or email program as spam.
Cara
2 years ago
It looks like the account has canceled all outstanding requests and gone on vacation so you may have no choice but to force the books received, but it might be a case for contacting tech support to see if they can give you a better option.
Cara
2 years ago
Thank-you for both of the messages. Actually, I have e-mailed her using one of her old e-mails we exchanged before I mailed the books. Now, honestly why would someone do what she did? I suppose it could have been a family emergency. I also sent a couple of reminders through the response at BM, but only sent it on a couple of books, so it wouldn't hold up action on the other 20 some.
Pat H.
2 years ago
I believe you have to send a "reminder" and then the option to force receive pops up 6 weeks later. I don't think it shows up on its own.
Cara
2 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >