home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

RSS feeds and Firefox

Hi all,
I love Firefox generally. Much prefer it to Explorer or Safari. However, I can't seem to get my wishlist RSS feed to work consistently. I don't have a problem with news feeds and other RSS feeds, just the Bookmooch ones. I've tried clearing cache, manually reloading and still no luck. Anyone have any luck with this problem? thanks!

Cara
13 years ago

Comments

Hi Cara,

I use Firefox and have had no problems with the RSS feed (well, that I know of!).

Margaret
13 years ago
Hi Cara,

I use Firefox and have had no problems with the RSS feed (well, that I know of!). Unless you mean the recently added books. That's been down most of the last couple of weeks.

Margaret
13 years ago
Margaret,
No, not the recent book feed but my wishlist feed. I can't get it to work consistently in Firefox on either my Linux Ubuntu netbook or my Mac desktop. Very irritating. I've currently got it bookmarked in Safari and just open Safari and load it and use Firefox for everything else. Silly but it works;)
Cara
13 years ago
That RSS feed doesn't display well either in my Firefox, so I'm using Google Reader instead, that's a click away from checking my mail and I like how it displays things.

Edit : Actually it seems to have improved with some of the latest (FF or BM ?) updates, seems more reader-friendly now.

Aude
13 years ago
Yes, I just updated my Firefox and so far it seems to be working (crossing fingers).
Cara
13 years ago
I use Sage (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/77/) as an add-on for FireFox to read RSS-feeds.
I have it's preferences set on refreshing the feeds every 10 minutes, and have it loaded in a sidebar.
Ann v.Roy
13 years ago
thanks Ann. It's working now on the Mac with the update and I am trying using Google for the netbook. I'll keep the Sage in mind if those two fixes don't work.
Cara
13 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >