|Books in inventory: 4 |
Update: Away from my Bookmooch shelves for a week. Will be logging in to mark book as sent and to prune wishlist.
Update: My books are currently being posted once or twice a month. Timing varies - I will let you know if there are any delays. Thanks for your understanding.
Update: As most of my books have been sent internationally by surface mail, they are taking a couple of months to arrive.
1. I am very happy to post worldwide. I usually post surface mail at printed papers rate.
2. It may take me a couple of days to get to the post office to actually post the book to you.
3. Please note that surface mail is slow. For example, the delivery time to the USA for surface from the UK is from 56 days (2 months+). Sometimes books arrive sooner, and that is always a nice surprise!
4. No pets or tobacco in my household, but since many of my books are used I cannot speak for their previous owners.
5. Angel mooches: please send me an email if you are interested. I started out with a restriction of 2 Angel mooches a month and no hardcovers. However, I can send more books if none (or few) of my own have been requested because I have a general postal budget. Also, I have found that not all hardcovers are heavy, so I am in the process of working out the maximum weight book I can afford to send. Once I've done that I'll update the Angel page. If I have exceeded my postal budget for the month, I'll let you know and I may have to delay sending until payday. I will let you know if this is the case. Thank you for your understanding!
I am very happy to post worldwide. This is usually by surface mail at printed papers rate. I have a general postage budget and will let you know if I need to delay sending your book as a result.
My books are accommodated in a non-smoking, non-pet owning household.
Feel free to email me if you want to do a deal on paperbacks - particularly older ones or former library books.
Condition of books in my inventory is very variable - here's why:
I do buy some new books, but I'm now rather picky (by reasons of budget).
I do purchase books second hand; sometimes that is a good second hand bookshop and sometimes that is a charity sale or box. Some of these books are in very good condition indeed, whilst others are battered reading copies that are simply going to serve long enough for you to decide if you like the author, and hunt up a nicer copy, or for use as a train/bag/beach reading copy. Some books are donated to libraries for sale; these seem to be simply stamped with the withdrawn stamp but are otherwise unharmed. I will try and give a good idea of condition for each item.
I do purchase former library books, sometimes from the USA, sometimes the UK. Usually when a library book is withdrawn from the (UK) public library system: 1. the very first page is removed as that is where the date label and barcode was, 2. usually a price and a withdrawn stamp are placed on the inside cover, and 3. sometimes there is a stamp for 'sold as seen'. 4. Any stickers or jackets are usually left on the book. Stickers are usually on the lower part of the spine. 5. Again, as these books will have been loaned out they may smell of tobacco. I would also not be able to guarantee them pet dander free.
I am an infrequent visitor to one other swap site where I occasionally list videos and DVDs, and use the resulting points for books. Sometimes I relist these books on BookMooch - it depends how much I want to re-read the book. Condition of these is variable, but on the whole quite decent.
Second hand books and pets/smoke:
For books I have purchased second hand, I cannot guarantee that they were previously in a smoke-free, pet-free environment. I will point out smoke (or other strong) odours if this is the case. If possible, I will also try and describe the smell.
If you have a question about a book on my inventory, please do email me and ask!
angel_requests_2010_may, bookmooch_blog, discussion, hard_science_fiction_anyone, queer_books.
Forums active on:
angel_requests_2010_may, bookmooch_blog, queer_books.