"A …For Dummies book from the foremost authority on desktop publishing and design is a dream come true." — Dan Gookin, Bestselling Author of DOS For Dummies® "Desktop Publishing & Design For Dummies provides the reader with all the basics for successful design in a simple, step-by-step manner." — Jill Robbins Israel, Editor-in-Chief, Technique Magazine
Includes Newsletter "How-To" Insert!
With all the desktop publishing software and books around, it seems like anyone can be a designer these days. But it's not so easy to whip up a well-designed brochure or newsletter without some guidance. Design guru Roger C. Parker reveals simple yet innovative techniques so you can create persuasive presentations, snazzy brochures, and informative newsletters — all without using an expensive design firm. Ask for IDG Books' …For Dummies® Books, the Fun and Easy Way to Find Out about Computers. Also look for IDG Books' PCs For Dummies®, 4th Edition, the fun and easy way to get started on your PC right away, and PageMaker® 6.5 For Dummies®, Internet Edition, the fast and friendly way to publish documents on the Web!
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Apply basic design building blocks to any of the popular desktop publishing and page layout programs
- Choose the right computer hardware and software
- Scan photographs and place them on your page
- Take the mystery out of choosing the right typeface and type size for headlines, sub-heads, body copy, and captions
- Effectively use color in your publications — and know what to avoid
- Set up your files correctly to avoid service bureau hassles
- Speak the language with a glossary of over 200 important design terms
- Save time and money with numerous efficiency tips
- Plus, a special insert that provides a step-by-step introduction to the process of creating a newsletter