If you're interested in developing applications for Apple's Mac OS X platform, but prefer to use a sleek, developer-friendly language, MacRuby is ideal. This in-depth guide shows you how this Apple implementation of the Ruby language provides access to all of the features available to Objective-C programmers. You'll get clear, detailed explanations of MacRuby, including quick programming techniques such as prototyping classes.
Ideal for programmers of all experience levels, MacRuby: The Definitive Guide is packed with code samples. If you're a programmer familiar with Ruby, you can tap your skills to take advantage of Interface Builder, the Cocoa libraries, Objective-C runtime, and more. If you already develop with Cocoa, you'll discover how MacRuby will improve your productivity.
- MacRuby basics, including classes and methods
- Advanced features, such as selectors, blocks, and concurrency
- Primitive object classes and data types in Cocoa's Foundation framework
- AppKit classes for building Mac OS X GUI applications
- Relational object persistence with Cocoa’s Core Data data model framework
- Apple's Xcode suite of developer tools, including Interface Builder