The Internet abounds with information on CSS based design. However it's spread across a large and disparate group of sites and can be very difficult to find. The purpose of this book is to pull all this information together in one place, thus creating a definitive guide to modern CSS based techniques. The book can be read cover to cover, with each chapter building on the previous one. However it can equally be used as a reference book, dipping into each chapter or technique to help solve specific problems.
This second edition contains:
- New examples and updated browser support information
- New case studies from Simon Collison and Cameron Moll
- CSS3 examples, showing new CSS3 features, and CSS3 equivalents to tried and tested CSS2 techniques
What you'll learn
- The best practice concepts in CSS design.
- The most important (and tricky) parts of CSS
- Identify and fix the most common CSS problems
- How to deal with the most common bugs
- Completely up to date browser support information
- Covers CSS3 as well as CSS2 showing you the future of CSS
Who is this book for?
This book will be aimed towards intermediate web designers/developers although the examples should be simple enough for novice designers/developers with a basic understanding of CSS to follow along with. Readers will probably have read beginner/intermediate instructional books such as Web Standards Solutions and will be looking for more practical and in-depth information. This book is likely to have a broad appeal, attracting intermediate developers wanting to improve their skills as well as advanced developers wanting a useful reference.
The CSS 2/3 content of the book is delivered in a way that allows readers to learn CSS2 techniques that they can implement now in professional work, and then gem up on CSS3 techniques if desired, if they want to start looking towards the future.