No matter how experienced you are as a developer, you likely share one thing in common with every other iPhone developer: limited exposure to the iPhone’s small screen. How do you maximize the user experience with minimal screen real estate? This book shows you how ten of the most innovative and creative iPhone application developers have done it. The stories behind the successes of these great iPhone developers are revealed, and each contributing author illustrates precisely why no iPhone application can succeed without a great UI.
Paired with Apress’s best–selling Beginning iPhone Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK, you’ll have everything you need to create the next great–looking iPhone app that everyone is talking about.
- It’s all about the user experience and great–looking applications.
- Learn the UI design secrets of master iPhone developers.
- Get a giant head–start on the competition; it’s like a permanent “Get Out of Jail Free” card!
What you’ll learn
- Optimize your use of limited screen real estate, and design for a mobile environment.
- Maximize your use of typographic elements for clarity and communication.
- Create a user interface that is eye–catching and usable (i.e. “very cool”).
- Simulate motion and display graphical information.
- Layer information with clarity without making mudpies.
- Create effects, display video, and make your app stand out from the crowd.
Who is this book for?
All iPhone application developers with any level of experience or coming from any development platform.