For a full description of this text, see Ellis, Becoming a Master Student, 10/e.
The concise version of this best-selling text accommodates shorter courses while still offering the key elements of the complete text by combining topics, and streamlining articles and activities.
- New! Features from Becoming a Master Student, 10/e, also appear in the Concise edition, including Student Voices and Workplace Applications.
- New! Explanation and terms in the Learning Style Inventory have been simplified for clarity and ease of use.
- New! A resources chapter focuses on financial strategies, community resources, and computer resources. In addition, a new article, "Don't Let Debt Bring You Down," offers suggestions on preventing credit card debt and paying student loans.
- Updated Master Student Profiles include Raul Julia, Greg Louganis, Cesar Chavez, and scholarship contest winner Suny Urrutia Moore.
- Updated technology coverage includes new links and web references, plus dynamic, interactive exercises available online for students to submit to instructors electronically.
- Additional reading strategies offer students a variety of ways to increase reading speed, comprehension, and retention.
- A significantly shorter format (10 chapters) makes the Concise suitable for 0, 1, and 2 credit courses.