This cookbook provides you with hundreds of practical examples for using CSS to format your web pages, complete with code recipes you can use in your projects right away. With CSS Cookbook
, you'll go beyond theory to solve real problems, from determining which aspects of CSS meet the specific needs of your site to methods for resolving differences in the way browsers display it.
Arranged in a quick-lookup format for easy reference, the third edition has been updated to explain the unique behavior of the latest browsers: Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Microsoft's IE 8, and Mozilla's Firefox 3. With topics that range from CSS basics to complex hacks and workarounds, this book is a must-have companion, regardless of your CSS experience. Each recipe includes an explanation of how to customize the formatting for your needs, and each chapter features a sample design of the topics discussed.
- Learn the basics, such as understanding CSS rule structure
- Work with web typography and page layout
- Create effects for images and page elements
- Learn techniques for formatting lists, forms, and tables
- Design effective web navigation and create custom links
- Learn useful troubleshooting techniques, hacks, and workarounds