An in-depth look at the internals of the WordPress system.As the most popular blogging and content management platform available today, WordPress is a powerful tool. This exciting book goes beyond the basics and delves into the heart of the WordPress system, offering overviews of the functional aspects of WordPress as well as plug-in and theme development.
What is covered in this book?
- Detailed review of WordPress Functionality and Codebase
- The Loop and Data Management
- Plug-in Development
- Theme Development
- Content Aggregation, SEO and User Experience
- Statistics, Scalability, Security and Spam
- Using WordPress as a CMS
- Using WordPress in the Enterprise
- Moving your existing site to WordPress
This book takes an "internals" view of WordPress and drives the fundamentals of how things work to explain use cases and extensions to the core platform. Including hands on examples, and real world tips, this exhaustive book is a must-have for Web and PHP professionals developing on the WordPress platform.