Cindy (USA: NV) (2009/09/10):
Good read. The latest in the Psy/Changeling books is another winner. We have seen Mercy and Riley dancing around each other in earlier books and in this one it finally comes to a head. An interesting study of dominance, what do you do when both players want to be on top? That's tough enough - but both of them are savagely loyal to their packs - and expect that accepting the mating bond will force one of them to leave theirs... The Psy/Changeling/Human struggle continues to ramp up with the Alliance embarking on a policy that may well bring the world to war...
Strong plot, great characters - but definitely read the series in order!
1. Slave to Sensation (September 2006)
2. Visions of Heat (March 2007)
Free short story: The Cannibal Princess
3. Caressed By Ice (September 2007)
4. “Beat of Temptation” in An Enchanted Season (October 2007)*
5. Mine to Possess (February 2008)
6. Hostage to Pleasure (September 2008)
7. “Stroke of Enticement” in The Magical Christmas Cat (October 2008) *
Free short story: A Gift for Kit
8. Branded by Fire (July 2009)
9. Blaze of Memory (November 2009)
From the author's site:
Though DarkRiver sentinel Mercy is feeling the pressure to mate, she savagely resists when Riley Kincaid, a lieutenant from the SnowDancer pack, tries to possess her. The problem is not simply that he pushes her buttons; the problem is that he’s a wolf, she’s a cat, and they’re both used to being on top.
But when a brilliant changeling researcher is kidnapped from DarkRiver territory, Mercy and Riley must work together to track the young man—before his shadowy captors decide he’s no longer useful. Along the way, the two dominants may find that submitting to one another uncovers not just a deadly conspiracy, but a passion so raw that it’ll leave them both branded by fire…