OpenGL® SuperBible, Fifth Edition is the definitive programmer's guide, tutorial, and reference for the world’s leading 3D API for real-time computer graphics, OpenGL 3.X. The best all-around introduction to OpenGL for developers at all levels of experience, it clearly explains both the API and essential associated programming concepts. Readers will find up-to-date, hands-on guidance on all facets of modern OpenGL development, including transformations, texture mapping, shaders, advanced buffers, geometry management, and much more.
· A practical introduction to the essentials of real-time 3D graphics
· Core OpenGL 3.X techniques for rendering, transformations, and texturing
· Using both stock and custom shaders—and starting to write your own
· Cross-platform OpenGL: Windows (including Windows 7), Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, UNIX, and embedded systems
· OpenGL programming for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad: step-by-step guidance and complete example programs
· Advanced buffer techniques, including full-definition rendering with floating point buffers and textures
· Fragment operations: controlling the end of the graphics pipeline
· Advanced shader usage and geometry management
· A fully updated API reference, now based on the official ARB (Core) OpenGL 3.2 manual pages
· New bonus materials and sample code on a companion Web site
You’ll rely on this book constantly—whether you’re learning OpenGL for the first time, deepening your graphics programming expertise, upgrading from older versions of OpenGL, or porting applications from other environments.